The course will focus on a variety of beautiful compositions based on 3 main Ragas: Raga Kalavati, Raga Kedar, Raga Todi. For each Raga taught in the course, you will learn the concepts of Aroha and Avaroha, followed by the composition Swaramalika. You will also gain insight into other Ragas that are closer to the Raga being taught and most importantly, great compositions based on the Raga. Raga Kalavati : Learn a Melodious Bhajan written by Brahamanand on Goddess Durga set in Bhajani theka. You will also enjoy learning the chain of notes which beautifully explains the flow of Raga Kalavati. Raga Kedar: Enjoy and learn the devotional song “Prabhu tum antaryami….”.This song is originally based on Raga Shyam Kalyan, however you will learn to sing the same song in Raga Kedar. Prepare the original song and our teachers will guide you to polish your rendition and prepare for a performance. Raga Miyan Ki Todi: Raga Miyan Ki Todi is one of the most mesmerizing of all the Ragas. In this course, you will learn to render the famous Kabir Bhajan “Man lago yaar fakiri mein…..”, in Raga MiyanKi Todi and compare the Rasa bhava with the original tune. The teacher will also help you fine tune your performance of any song based on these 3 Ragas.
- Enjoy practicing and singing Hindustani Classical Music with the guidance of a master and wonderful training tools
- Help you strengthen your mastery over Hindustani Vocal rendition
- Familiarize yourself with concepts of Raga Kalavati, Raga Kedar, RagaTodi by actually practicing compositions based on these ragas.
- Give you an opportunity to bridge the gap between learning concepts and applying them in your Gayaki
Hindustani classical music training for a period of one year or passed HVOC102 from the Academy. The students joining directly need to submit the prerequisite assessment.Also the CVOC students of the academy can join these courses but they need to undergo with a prerequisite assessment.
Introduction to Raga Kalavati
Teaching Raga Based Composition in Raga Kalavati
- Aroha,Avaroha and Swaramalika in Raga Kalavati
Family of the Raga Kalavati
- A devotional song on Maa Durga
Introduction to Raga Kedar
- Study of the Ragas which closely match with Raga Kalavati
Teaching Raga Based Composition in Raga Kedar
- Aroha, Avaroha and Swaramalika in Raga Kedar
Family of Raga Kedar
- A devotional song ” Prabhu tum antaryami---------“
Introduction to Raga Miyan Ki Todi
- Study of the Ragas which closely match with Raga Kedar
Teaching Raga Based Composition in Raga Miyan Ki Todi
- Aroha, Avaroha and Swaramalika in Raga Miyan Ki Todi
Family of Raga Miyan Ki Todi
- A Kabir Bhajan - “Man lago yaar fakiri mein----“
- Study of the Ragas which closely match with Raga Miyan Ki Todi