This course is for students who are taking their first steps to learn guitar as an instrument.
The course will introduce the student to the guitar, to reading guitar notations in Tablature and Staff Notation formats as well as play some basic melodies.
The course objective is to
1. To explore the guitar as an instrument, learn about guitar maintenance and care.
2. To understand tuning of a guitar with the aid of a tuner
3. To introduce the C major scale.
4. To understand and read staff notations and guitar tablature
5. To play simple melodies on the guitar
6. To introduce them to the usage of different tools such as TUNER, METRONOME, CAPO etc.
Prerequisite of the course:
- Interest in music and willingness to learn the instrument.
- Student should be 8 years and above
- Student should have a guitar
- GuitarTuna tuning app
The learning outcomes would be
1. Students will have a good understanding of the functionality of the guitar as a melody and harmony instrument and guitar maintenance and care.
2. Students will be able to use external resources to read staff notations and guitar tablature to play melodies on the guitar
3. Students will be well versed with music from the C major scale
4. Students would be able to play four simple melodies on the guitar.
5. Students will be able to tune the guitar using a tuner app