This course is ideal for students looking to take their first steps into the world of Western Classical Music (Piano). The course aims at providing a strong foundation where learning is a process of constant discovery. The student acquires the ability to use basic elements of music (melody and rhythm) to improvise musical phrases. The course will lay the foundation for acquiring clarity of pitch, rhythm and teach how to focus on the stability of the note and match time perfectly with the Metronome. The student develops listening, reading & playing skills with an exploratory outlook in addition to acquiring knowledge. The Trinity College of London book has got study material, reference reading material and listening material. The variety of Lallaby, Jingle Songs and Bollywood songs are included as an external repetoir for the student to gain exposure to the richness of universal music. Two Trinity Pieces are learnt. The student learns compose a simple tune on their own giving them a joy of creation.
- To understand how to use the basic elements of music, notes and rhythm, in play
- To develop pitch clarity & Rhythm Clapping
- To acquaint the Student to White & Black Keys on the Piano with all the Alphabets from Staff on Treble & Bass Clef "ABCDEFG"
- To learn to focus on the stability of the note and match pitch perfectly with Metronome/ Steady Beat
- To initiate into improvisation of musical phrases and patterns by understanding "Finger Exercises"
- To build awareness of different genres of music
- To learn to play Accidentals (Sharps, Flats and Natural)
- To be introduce Major Scales & Relative minors (C Major, G Major & F Major with relative minors)
- To understand, identify & play Dynamics (p-piano & f-forte);
- To understand, identify & play Articulations (Legato, Staccato, Phrase line, Ties, Accent Mark)
- To learn to Play Trinity Grade Initial Exam Pieces like Spies on a Mission
Anyone above the age of 8 yrs. interested in learning musical instrument and curiosity to discover the joy of learning are the only other prerequisites.
- Play Major Scales & Minor Scales (C Major & A minor) with the understanding of the placement of finger positions
-Play THREE Lullabies (Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Hot Cross Buns & Yankee Doodle)
-Sing ONE of the Trinity Initial Grade Piano Piece and experience the flavour of Western Classical Music
-Create simple composition on staff with both Treble & Bass Clef